The GHS has recently updated the U.S. requirements for hazardous chemical labeling, requiring product identifiers, supplier information, hazard and prevention instructions, and other details to provide information about each chemical product.
What is the GHS standard?
The Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is an abbreviation for the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals, which is a system for standardizing and unifying the classification and labeling of chemicals.
The following goals are achieved through the GHS RFID tag:
- Define the health, physical and environmental hazards of chemicals
- Create a classification process that uses available data from chemicals to compare with defined hazard criteria
- Communicate hazard information and protective measures on labels and safety data sheets (SDS)
- Identify and track inventory
What does the GHS RFID tag look like?
As of June 1st 2015, all RFID SAFE LABELs must carry pictograms, signal words, hazard and prevention instructions, product identifiers, and supplier identification.
The following is a brief description of these elements:
- Symbols (hazard pictograms): Used to convey health, physical and environmental hazard information.
- Signal word: The word “danger” or “warning” is used to emphasize the danger and its severity.
- Hazard / Prevention Statement: GHS will require standard phrases assigned to hazard categories. The categories describe the nature of the hazard.
- Product identifier: The product name and code.
- Supplier identification: Includes the company’s actual address and emergency phone number.
Nowadays, an increasing number of pharmaceutical and chemical companies are using UHF EPC passive RFID tags for inventory management and tracking.
Based on market demand, has also launched the NFC RFID Hazardous Chemicals Label and the UHF RFID Hazardous Chemicals Safety Tag to identify, store, and track management.
The merits of the RFID UHF Hazardous Chemicals Label
- CMYK printing, various sizes available
- PET/PVC/PP etc. Different optional materials
- HUAYUAN has vast experience from countless orders
- Applicable for solid or liquid objects that are considered dangerous hazardous chemicals